Monday, September 28, 2009

rikuz - coordination

For the next three months I'll be coordinating "boneh," which is a part of Habonim Dror's gap year program for English speakers from the northern hemisphere (American, British, Canadian and Dutch) between high school and college. Boneh this fall is on Kibbutz Ein Dor, which is in northern Israel near the city of Afula.

As a rakaz (coordinator), I run the technical side of things, like organizing hikes and guest speakers, and I also implement some of the educational programming, including courses in Jewish history and leadership training. There are five people who have the same role as I do for approximately 80 program participants.

Today I drove to Afula three times to pick up several carloads of supplies. It turns out American drivers licenses are good in Israel for up to a year.

No comments: